Mashable Weekend Editor Application (NYC)
The weekend editor is responsible for overseeing Mashable editorial and community over the weekend, reporting directly to Mashable's Editor in Chief. As such, the editor will write and edit content being published on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as work in-office with the NYC staff Monday, Tuesday and Friday to ensure continuity.
This role requires:
- 3+ years editing experience
- A thorough knowledge of the digital space, with experience writing tech for a mainstream audience, in addition to knowledge of Mashable's broader coverage areas, including social media and business & marketing
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Stong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to create winning projects
- Terrific community engagement skills
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, HTML and social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Excellent understanding of Google Analytics
Benefits: Health insurance
Fill out the form below to apply.
Current City, State
Links to 3 Relevant Articles you've authored within the past 4 months
Tell us more about yourself
100 words or less about why you are perfect for this job
Must be between
Attach Resume (PDF Only)
Do Not Fill This Out